percy-l - Re: [percy-l] percy movie

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: janet cantor <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] percy movie
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 03:56:43 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry so late in responding, but I just saw the Percy documentary this past weekend at the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the publication of The Moviegoer this past weekend at Loyola University in New Orleans (more on this to come in a future post).
It was made after Percy died and used family movies, helpful scholars' comments, and interviews with his wife, his brother and the mother of John Kennedy Toole who wrote A Confederacy of Dunces which Percy got published.
You get  a good sense of the man. It is filmed in many places Percy frequented. It is natural and goes down easy, and was much appreciated by this crowd.
Janet Cantor