percy-l - Re: [percy-l] another thing

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: RHONDA MCDONNELL <rhonda_mcdonnell AT msn.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] another thing
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 21:20:42 -0700

Janet, I agree with this point wholeheartedly! I love Percy's ending, particularly the ending of THE LAST GENTLEMAN, when will goes bounding toward Sutter's car.  Even LANCELOT, which is by far Percy's darkest, ends with hope, but it is LG that ends with joy.

--Rhonda

"You live in a deranged age, more deranged than usual, because in spite of great scientific and technological advances, man has not the faintest idea of who he is or what he is doing."

                                    Walker Percy