percy-l - [percy-l] War :Christianity, Islam and Judaism

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Eckert, Robert G SPC MIL USA FORSCOM" <robert.g.eckert AT us.army.mil>
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [percy-l] War :Christianity, Islam and Judaism
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:44:10 -0500

List,

Would Percy consider the present war in Iraq a waste of time or the beginning of something good?

Are we wasting lives and money on foolishness, or are we beginning the process of communication and community formation between disparate cultures that has since time immemorial begun with bloodshed?

Can Islam, Judaism and Christianity find common ground upon which we cooperate with each other, not kill each other?

I think Bush made the right decision. Mistakes, of course.

Will history agree that the effort and lives and injury and labor of our service members was worth it?

Bob

  • [percy-l] War :Christianity, Islam and Judaism, Eckert, Robert G SPC MIL USA FORSCOM, 10/30/2008