percy-l - Re: [percy-l] The Naked Ape's Triadic Threshold

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: John Harvey <johnharvey AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] The Naked Ape's Triadic Threshold
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 07:41:32 -0500

Robert, List,

Great post! I am fascinated by the possibility that we can identify this
event.

This fascination is based on my beliefs that:

1. Percy's Fateful Rift is a major stumbling block to understanding language;
2. Forward motion in the social sciences depends on understanding language; and
3. Progress in these subjects is hampered by our limited understanding of the triadic component of language.

Therefore, anything which focuses attention on the triadic component of language is worthy of more study.