percy-l - [percy-l] Pauley and Mitchell

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Teresa <ttbrader AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Percy-L AT lists.ibiblio.org:Literary and Philosophical Discussion <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Pauley and Mitchell
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 00:35:37 -0500

from the link posted below:
thousands of looters systematically destroy what Katrina left unscathed
Thousands of opportunistic vultures have looted stores all over the city
I've read of 'dozens' -- not thousands.
The New Orleans Times-Picayune has posted photos on its website of other police officers joining in the widespread theft from unattended stores.
The 2 photos I saw (one I still found on the website) were of police confiscating looted items.  The caption did not read that the officers were looting the stores.

Robert_Pauley AT oxy.com wrote:
a link here to particularly well-written summary piece from a rather
well-regarded journal.

http://www.city-journal.org/html/eon_08_31_05ng.html