percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Are there any WP events or news?

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: chaslow53 AT aol.com
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Are there any WP events or news?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 00:13:39 -0400

 <<I was wondering if anyone knows of any books or events planned this year that are Percy-related.>>
I, too, was wondering specifically if the Percy confab held last year in mid-November in Covington was on for this year as well.

<<Also, a retired professor friend of mine recently told me that he did not care for Walker Percy because he was a 'homophobe'.>>
I do not recall anything specific about this, but I remember reading in the Shelby Foote-WP letters a letter WP wrote in which he discussed his views on pornography, which were that most of it was not of interest to him one way or the other, but, except for some questions about access by minors, he didn't think it was particularly useful or appropriate for the state to involve itself.  I remember actually thinking at the time that, mutatis mutandis, those might well be his views on the legal aspects of homosexual relationships as well.  I am in Los Angeles on business and cannot quote the letter, but I am sure there are others on the list who will know to which one I refer.

Chuck Lowry