percy-l - [percy-l] Percy's familiarity with C.G. Jung, esp. concept of "synchronicity"

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Karey" <karey AT kareyperkins.com>
  • To: "'Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion'" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Percy's familiarity with C.G. Jung, esp. concept of "synchronicity"
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:11:11 -0500

Is anyone knowledgeable about Percy's familiarity with Jung?  I am aware that he was a casual (social?) member of a Jung discussion group during his later years in Covington.  Also, that his artist friend (forget her name now) with whom he had an office next to, was a Jungian devotee.  He has some comments in his writings/interviews, but doesn't seem to embrace Jung wholeheartedly.  I am particularly interested in what he might have thought of Jung's concept of "synchronicity."

Interested in any comments or thoughts on the matter -

Karey

  • [percy-l] Percy's familiarity with C.G. Jung, esp. concept of "synchronicity", Karey, 02/07/2005