percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Production of _A Confederacy of Dunces_ falls apart

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Nikkibar AT aol.com
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Production of _A Confederacy of Dunces_ falls apart
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:58:13 EDT

Dear Mr. Riddick,

Should you be in touch with David Gordon Green (and it sounds like you are) you might advise him to call me for the lying old man deluxe tour of the Northshore. And for all those on the list who are interested, I have the opening piece in Stories from the Blue Moon Cafe' Vol III. While I make no boasts about my own contribution to the collection, I commend it as one of the best gatherums of short stories available. It is notable for ccollecting somewhat longer pieces than most magazines these days will publish -- more like the length you would be like to find in the Saturday Evening Posts from the 40's. I'm really quite proud to be in it with Rick Bragg, Dayne Sherman, Tim Gautreaux and so many many others. it can be had online from Overthetransom.com or Lemuria.com in signed, hardcover  first editions and probably by now from Barnes and Noble etc.

For those who don't as yet know it the Percy Symposium will be November 13th this year at the Covington Center on Jefferson Ave (The former Baptist Church). I look forward to seeing all of the faithful there.

Nikki Barranger