percy-l - [percy-l] The Percy book collection

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: eric schantz <esch557 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [percy-l] The Percy book collection
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:48:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I got permission from the manager to send this out. He thought it wd. be a good idea to have me list everything I've got for sale, and to have anyone interested contact me directly. A few of you already have, and the rest of you may email me at esch557 AT yahoo.com Anyone interested, I also have photos I can email you individually.
Though I don't want to, if you are interested in only one or two items, please email me. If I get enough people interested in specific books, I'll be able to recoup some of my loss (and I'm at a loss already!!). I hope you like what you see! I also look forward to posting "regular" messages, on WP and his work, in the future for discussion with you. -Eric
O.K., here it is:

A collection of books by and about Walker Percy

From Eric Schantz, Rochester, N.Y.

Email: esch557 AT yahoo.com

All books and dust jackets (except for Confederacy) are in Fine or Like New condition.

All jackets are protected in mylar.

Price: $250 for everything. I will pay shipping through UPS out of my own pocket (I estimate about $25 - $30 shipping and packing materials, based on much past experience).

NOTE: These are all in random order.

1-     Walker Percy 1916 – 1990 Memorial tributes for WP at St. Ignatius Church, from Shelby Foote, Eudora Welty, etc. FSG, 1991. Limited press run. Like New.

2-     (Jay Tolson, ed.) The Correspondence of Shelby Foote and Walker Percy. W W Norton, 1997. 1st printing. Like New/Like New.

3-     Pilgrim in the Ruins: A Life of Walker Percy. By Jay Tolson. 1992, UNE Press. 1st. printing. Like New/Like New. Hardcover

4-     Pilgrim in the Ruins: A Life of Walker Percy. By Jay Tolson. 1992, UNE Press. Stated1st. printing. Like New. Softcover

5-     Walker Percy: A Comprehensive Descriptive Bibliography. By Linda Whitney Hobson. Faust, 1988. No dust jacket, as published. Like New.

6-     Lost in the Cosmos: The Last Self – Help Book. FSG, 1984. 1st printing. Fine/Fine, almost like new.

7-     Understanding Walker Percy. By Linda Whitney Hobson. USC Press, 1990. Softcover. Like New.

8-     Conversations with Walker Percy. Edited by Lewis A. Lawson and Victor A. Kramer. 1993. U. Press of Miss. Softcover, 3rd printing. Like New.

9-     More Conversations with Walker Percy. Edited by Lewis A. Lawson and Victor A. Kramer. 1993. U. Press of Miss. Softcover, 1st printing. Like New.

10- Lancelot: A Novel. FSG, 1977. 1st printing. Fine/Fine.

11-Signposts in a Strange Land. Edited by Patrick Samway. FSG, 1991. Hardcover. 1st printing. Like New/Like New.

12- The Oxford American. January/February 1999. Cover story: “Walker Percy: A Never Before Published Story”.

13- Walker Percy: A Life. By Patrick Samway, S.J. FSG, 1997. 1st Printing (not stated) Like New/Like New.

14- The Message in the Bottle. FSG, 1975. 1st printing, w/ no colored foredge. Fine/Fine.

15- The Second Coming. FSG, 1980. 1st printing. Signed by Percy. Purchased from Maple Street Bookshop, La. Fine/Fine.

16- The Thanatos Syndrome. FSG, 1987. 1st printing. Signed by Percy. Purchased from Maple Street Bookshop. Like New/Like New.

17- The Thanatos Syndrome. 2nd printing. Like New/Like New.

18- The Thanatos Syndrome. 3rd printing. Like New/Like New.

19- The Thanatos Syndrome. 4th printing. Like New/Like New.

20- The Thanatos Syndrome. Book club edition (yes, book club edition! It was a very small printing, reserved from the large 1st printing - check out Hobson's bibliography for it - and, thus, is important for any Percy collection) Like New/Like New.

21- A Thief of Peirce: The Letters of Walker Percy and Kenneth Lane Ketner. Edited by Patrick Samway. U. Press of Miss. 1995. 1st printing. Like New/Like New.

22-  The House of Percy: Honor, Melancholy, and Imagination in a Southern Family. By Bertram Wyatt - Brown. Oxford U.P., 1994. 1st printing. Like New/Like New.

23- The Last Gentleman. Introduction by Robert Coles. 1997. Reprint. Modern Library edition, 1st Mod. Lib. edition.Like New/Like New.

24- The Moviegoer. Hardcover. 1980, reprint of original edition. Fine/Fine.

25- A Confederacy of Dunces. By John Kennedy Toole, Introduction by Walker Percy.4th printing. fine/ Very Good.

  • [percy-l] The Percy book collection, eric schantz, 08/23/2004