percy-l - RE: [percy-l] Lonergan and Percy?

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: <Robert_Pauley AT oxy.com>
  • To: <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [percy-l] Lonergan and Percy?
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:18:13 -0800

Title: Message
I'm curious if anyone has comment on recent flap regarding Bob Coles quoting (misquoting?) Percy on Bruce Springsteen. Coles claims Percy was a gushing fan of Springsteen's, as Coles is, and his quotes are taken from memory. So he can't back them up. But quotes are being challenged by New Republic magazine and by Percy's nephew, who says they don't sound a thing like Walker. I agree. Quotes sound phony.