percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Re: A handsome new book

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Dave Duty <daveduty AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: Percy-L AT happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu:Literary and Philosophical Discussion <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Re: A handsome new book
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:09:42 -0500

   Nikki -- sorry to wait so long to acknowledge this book.  I just finished it and more than share you positive account.  This Paul Elie is a super find.  He doesn't pull any punches.

I hope to make it to the WP symposium this year and would really like to set some time aside for us to have dinner and/or grab a drink.

Allbest wishes -- Dave Duty

Nikkibar AT aol.com wrote:
Dear List,

Farrar Strauss and Giroux has just published The Life You save May be Your Own, by Paul Elie. It is truly a handsome volume and well worth the price to anyone interested in the Percy Canon. The book compares and delves into the work of Thomas Merton, Flannery O'Connor, Dorothy Day and Walker with the tenderest of loving care.

Paul is one of the younger editors at FS&G and a delightful fellow. I met him last year and we toured the Percy haunts about Covington including the cemetery at the Abbey where Walker is buried.

I think that this book will be requisite to anyone's work who is doing scholarship on Walker's oeuvre along with the Tolson and Samway bios and the Coversations.

Nikki

Nikki

--

-- An archive of all list discussion is available at http://www.ibiblio.org/wpercy/hypermail Visit the Walker Percy Project at http://www.ibiblio.org/wpercy

  • Re: [percy-l] Re: A handsome new book, Dave Duty, 06/29/2003