percy-l - RE: [percy-l] connected by Walker Percy

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: bcostell <bcostell AT utk.edu>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>, percy-l <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [percy-l] connected by Walker Percy
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:35:53 -0500

Hi folks,

Jim Forest's message reminded me that, as many of you know, DoubleTake
published an essay a few years back with Walker Percy's nephew Will and Bruce
Springsteen, in which they discussed Springsteen's admiration of Percy, among
other things. You can read the full text here:
http://www.greasylake.org/talktome/doubletake.htm

Not sure how copyright permissions work on that, but I'll let the lawyers
sort
it out... There was also another fine piece on Springsteen, I believe in
DoubleTake, called "Directions to the Promised Land," in 1999 or early 2000.

Best,

Brannon Costello

Brannon W. Costello
Graduate Teaching Associate