percy-l - Re: [percy-l] postmodernism (fwd)

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion of Walker Percy

  • From: David Alan Beck <dabeck AT iupui.edu>
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] postmodernism (fwd)
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:38:18 -0500 (EST)

I, for one, would like to hear/read a synopsis of both books. The
postmodern book is in my shopping cart at amazon. I haven't checked on
your new book. Can you give us a nutshell version of both?
Thanks.
-David

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 PALawler AT aol.com wrote:

> Dear Mr. Beck and the others,
> I don't check my aol that often so I just discovered your message. Thanks
> for plugging my POSTMODERNISM, which has 2
> long chapters on Percy--including on THE THANATOS SYNDROME. But not only
> that! My new ALIENS IN AMERICA: THE STRANGE TRUTH ABOUT OUR SOULS has a
> chapter on Percy and Carl Sagan and another on Percy, Tocqueville, William
> Alexander Percy on aristocracy and democracy in America. If anyone wants
> to discuss any of this, I would be glad to respond.
>
> Please excuse this shameless self-promotion.
> Peter Lawler
> --
>
> An archive of all list discussion is available at
> http://www.ibiblio.org/wpercy/hypermail
>
> Visit the Walker Percy Project at http://www.ibiblio.org/wpercy

David Beck

"Eternity is in the present. Eternity is in
the palm of the hand. Eternity is a seed of
fire, whose sudden roots break barriers that
keep my heart from being an abyss."
- Thomas Merton