percy-l - Name that quote...

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Henry P. Mills" <wpercy1 AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: percy-l AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Name that quote...
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:03:46 -0600

Dear Percy-L:

Anyone able to help Tracy?

Henry Mills

____________________________
From: "Tracy Hindman" <tracyhindman AT earthlink.net>
To: <wpercy1 AT metalab.unc.edu>
Subject: 11/11/2001
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 16:09:40 -0800
In one of Percy's novels, the protagonist says that recently he figured out
the meaning of life (or the key to life, something along these lines) and
says that he would share it but he can't remember what it was. I would like
to use this quote in a paper I'm writing on the theme of "forgetting" and
how this affects human identity. Do you know which novel this might be? And
if you do know, approximately where it occurs in the novel (beginning,
middle, end)?

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tracy Hindman