pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] minor update

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] minor update
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:04:14 -0500

Didn't really do much today at all related to PIW except for make the
relevance meter (actually I don't know what to call it) more relevant.
It is now based on number of positive matches divided by number of
search query items. One kind of neat demonstration of this is to do a
search for some botanical name ('malus domestica' for example) in both
the basic search and the genus/species box of the advanced search.
You should get the maximum relevance on the advanced search but only
about half certainty on the basic search. This is because (as I said
before) the basic search is looking all over the dataset and the
if you only got 9/10 on a 10 query item search. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Chad

  • [pcplantdb] minor update, Chad Knepp, 07/22/2005