pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] as promised...

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] as promised...
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:32:32 -0400

Bear Kaufmann wrote:

Hi all,

I tried implementing the MailPosts feature. I need to use an email address for the "from" on the messages, I believe this list doesn't allow non-subscribed people to post to the list, so messages from the script will get bounced.

I tried this in the past and encountered an endless loop, ibiblio admins hadto terminate the process after a seemingly infinitude of iterations, all unbeknownst to me (innocent bystander).

I used "wiki@permaculture.info" as the address. Perhaps Lawrence could add it to the list.

I'll do this right now.

Something I ran across which didn't make it into the email was http://www.state-machine.com
It tracks the influence of campaign contributions to Senators. Each type of contribution (3 of them) attracts the nodes (Senators) to itself in proportion to the amount of money the Senator raised from that source. You are free to move the attractors around. So you can sort out objects based on multiple variables on a 2d surface. This is along the lines of what I'm thinking of for the RichClient (looking for a better name) search feature.

I'm inclined to make the RichClient a sub-project here. I think we may first really want to work on an good HTML based implementation, and once that's respectable looking, move on to implementing the RichClient.

What is RichClient all about?

Also, when I get well tagged output to work with, what kind of look would you all like for the search results and plant listing? Any websites to reference for design ideas?