pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] NASA World Wind

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] NASA World Wind
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:47:26 +0000

Aloha,

The projects open source, so there a chance we might be able to use the data, although I hevent investigated this.

It requires Windows with .NET and DirectX, so at some level it's certainly not open source. Can't run on anything but Windows with those hooks required.

If the data is open source, question is, is it possible to interpret/render/somehow make it useful without the proprietary platform pieces?