pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] equinox release

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] equinox release
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:39:30 -0600

Yeah, for real!

Most important is the implementation of users and comments. Although
somewhat simple it's a pretty good framework for everything else.
Working on it the last two days has really energized me and given me a
lot more ideas about to proceed. Expect more dialog RSN.

Although the authentication takes place over unencrypted http you are
issued a session cookie that is used instead of a password limiting
cleartext exposure. In the future this will also allow us to
authenticate with ssl but do the remainder of user level work over
regular http. Currently comments are not searched (soon), but you can
attach them to any object (currently only plants and comments) and the
display is nested/threaded by date.

One problem. I currently am not able to login in to tribal@ibiblio
(ssh is wonky), so I haven't updated dev.permaculture.info with
release yet. I will send another email (hopefully today yet) when I
do and a test user login/password for y'all to play with.

  • [pcplantdb] equinox release, Chad Knepp, 03/20/2005