pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Status report

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Status report
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 10:09:05 +0000

John Schinnerer wrote:
Aloha,

Rather than forget tomorrow, I'll do this now, since it's already Sunday for all of you I think...

Will be putting in some more hours Sunday and probably Tuesday on getting the Roundup issue tracker customized for our project.

Not sure how long it will take as there are still some unknowns.
However I have made a start on the simpler stuff and some of it will be relatively easy.

Also, it is still looking like a simple yet powerful system so I have not uncovered any "gotchas" in using it.

Also, what I have dabbled with so far matches what the docs say, which is that a lot of customizing - including to the DB schema - can be done even after the system is in use without wrecking stuff already in the DB (the exception is removing something from the schema, but since most of what I need to do is add stuff that's not likely to be an issue).

More news as it happens...

John S.

Great, sounds good. Looking forward to seeing it.