pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] [Fwd: [ibiblio.org #10949] my pcwiki (phpWiki) is in accessable on the Web]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] [Fwd: [ibiblio.org #10949] my pcwiki (phpWiki) is in accessable on the Web]
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 00:24:53 -0800

This certainly describes a scenario PIW may encounter with spam in mass. This
is new - I've never had
spam in wikiposts so bad that ibilio takes it offline.
Fred wants some authentication scheme but the version of PHPWiki I am using
doesn't support this.
Later versions may and so do other wiki software and I would have to start
over with a new wiki to keep
one up with authentication. Then porting all the pcwiki data would be a
job+1/2. Anyone here have any suggestions?

I'll bet Monsanto is behind this. Boycott them, in the name of the great
Hunter S. Thompson!
:-)

LL