pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Re: [webgroup] archival search

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: Fred Stutzman <fred@metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Re: [webgroup] archival search
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 22:55:06 -0800

Fred Stutzman wrote:

Webgroup Denizens,

Good call on this. In fact, the message that I sent to Mary Sue still holds. Mailman does not support integrated searching, the search is a third-party application that has to be integrated.

At the time of our listserver upgrades, we went to Mailman 2.1.5. At that time, the third party vendors who make the mailman patch did not have a patch for 2.1.5, and they in fact cautioned against trying to apply pre 2.1.5 patches to the current version.

Anyhow, I took a look today and I saw that the folks did have a patch for MM 2.1.5, so we'll throw that on a to-do list. It will require rebuilding mailman and a few hours dowtime, so we're going to have to schedule it in advance. Thanks dudes.

Fred

That's really generous of you, Fred. I, the PC (especially those as the
archives date to 1993)
and the PIW people will really look forward to MM archive search capability.

Many thanks in advance.

Market Farming Forum