pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] DTD 0.001

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] DTD 0.001
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:58:21 +0000

Folks,
I'll have a bash at a DTD for plants. Acutally rather than a DTD
isa a sample XML file which should validate. Hopefully a bit easier to understand.

<plant> // This could be too specific, do we need
// to represent other things which are not just plants

<nomeculture> // I.E. things about a plant name

<AcceptedBotanicalName> // I.E. The name we use in the DB
<BotanicalName> // A general element covering accepted

// names and synonyms
<genus>Salix</genus>
<species>negra</species>
<author>L.</author>

// several other elements eg.
<cultivar>Cardinal</cultivar>
<subspecies>...<subspecies>

// need a way to represent Elaeagnus X ebbingei
// colud follow UDSA fields here