pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Job One

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Job One
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:57:31 -0800

CHAD WRITES:
There are a number of different kinds of searches that are currently
unused by the existing site. They include search by name specifically
and a botanical family search. I have also fantasized about a search
form that would be something like "I'm looking for a (pull down box
with things like plant, tree, shrub, vine, critter, etc) that is (pull
down box of various properties) and ....

There are also a lot of preferences that can be set including
summarized/tabled search results (default is summarized), number of
results per page (default 10, max 100), score threshold, and some
different report types. This would be a cookie based... but
configured from a static page.

SEE *THIS* IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WHEN I REFER TO UI.

I'LL RESPOND IN BETTER DETAIL TO THIS EARLY NEXT YEAR, DO SOME
STORYBOARDING AND SCRIPTING WHILE TRAVELING...
*S

python -c 'import base64;print
base64.decodestring("cHlnQGdhbGF0ZWEub3Jn")'