pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] website comments

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] website comments
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:40:59 -0600

Stephanie Gerson writes,
> Attached are a few docs:
>
> -specific comments on the website
> -re-edited vision statement
> -re-edited text for homepage
> -re-edited history
>
> I'm also cutting and pasting the comments on the website here. Please do
> not make criticisms without making suggestions, for Chad's sake.
>
> The attached docs may pertain mostly to Chad, but I would hope that
> everyone participating is interested in the UI of our website, and will
> at least read and respond to the comments below.
>
> Thanks,
> *Stephanie
>
> = = =
> general
> ∑ what happened to the website? I liked how it looked
> much better before (in terms of font, aesthetic, etc.). Now it
> looks unsophisticated and bland. This project is exciting and the
> UI should reflect that!

My fault, but the markup of the arashi hosted version of
permaculture.info was the result of a more or less default Plone site.
The current layout of the site is a result of me whipping up a quick
(hopefully temporary) website for ibiblio. This resulted in me
stating a desire to not be webmaster... My current plan is to spend a
day marking up a decent site and doing a couple more logo designs as
well as making the changes you suggest. I then plan on handing it
over to John H. to do what he will.

Perl - $Just @when->$you ${thought} s/yn/tax/ &couldn\'t %get $worse;