pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] oh la la

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] oh la la
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:45:09 -0700

Stephanie Gerson wrote:

Lawrence writes, "$1200 (that may be a conservative estimate when you add staff, tech support, admin services, bandwidth, UNC Network Services services, UNC data backup services, and other assorted UNC and ibiblio services." I forgot to mention their investment in hardware some of which is very expensive,
i.e. data storage modules.

At least $10000, maybe $12000 once PIW really begins to accumulate traffic (a
lot of bandwidth).
My ibiblio website, EcoLandTech once got 860,000 hits in a single month (its
in the stats archive); don't
know what that translates to in bandwidth but I am sure of one thing: PIW
will get A LOT of traffic
once it becomes established; I am sure of this; maybe several million hits
per month - think about it.
Once PIW receives serious promotional effort, this will happen. Advertise PIW
in all the majopr mailing lists
and newsgroups, even write a little PIW Newsletter to send out periodically
to help keep interest and traffic up.

Just a thought.

LL

What's a more accurate estimate, then?

and zut alors, I need all of your signatures for this proposal! Do you all have fax machines or shall I simply forge? Shhhh...not sure what the best course of action is...

If I am included in the proposal you are welcome to f***e my name.