pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Hello World

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Hello World
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:57:01 -0500

Hiya Rich,

I can't really answer your question without really doing a lot of
typing, so I'll just point out some good docs.

<http://zope.org/Members/gtk/Boring/HowTo-Boring/> is a great little
Hello World demo and HowTo for Products. Zope Products are a bit to
swallow at first.

In order for you class to be stored in the ZODB all you have to do is
inherit from Persistence. There are some additional 'gotchas'
involving mutable objects like lists and mappings/dictionaries. ZODB
can't easily tell when these sorts of objects change so you have to
tell it by setting _p_changed = 1 or use the wrapper objects
PersistentList and PersistentMapping.
<http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage/guide/index.html> has some good
info on working directly with ZODB. Note: these docs are for ZODB
3.3b not the ZODB 3.2.2 which comes with Zope 2.7.2, so the examples
are just a little off...