pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] AdvancedQuery 0.5

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] AdvancedQuery 0.5
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 22:43:05 -0500

John Schinnerer writes:
> Aloha,
>
> Drowning in mail again...more later...

Ha, email is my phone. Y'all may have noticed a decline in my
grammer/spelling as I move to a less formal style and increase
verbosity as well as frequency.

> This and next mail are products that might enhance queries in
> ZCatalog, if not already good enough.
>
> cheers,
> John S.

> <snip>
>
> > AdvancedQuery is a Zope product for flexible queries
> > against "ZCatalog" or "CatalogTool".
> >
> > Queries can be arbitrarily combined with "and", "or" and "not".
> > All index types are almost fully supported (exception: relevance
> > sorting of TextIndexes).

You can already do this with Catalog, but not explicitly.

John Schinnerer writes:
> Here's the other one - Zope Announce list is good to be on if working with
> Zope, traffic is pretty low, announces ONLY, most relevant releases and
> products get posted there.

I'm gettin' on.

> <snipped technical details>

ManagebleIndex makes it close to possible to implement SQL ontop of
ZODB. It was something I was talking to my friend Jeffery about, who
used to work with Zope. I wonder if this is where Dieter is headed.
Folks have complained about the query ability of ZODB for a while.