pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] existing code resources

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "Permaculture Plant DB project" <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] existing code resources
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:43:19 -1000 (HST)

Aloha,

> > > adding edit tracking capabilities,
> >
> > This (or much of it) might already available from various zope
> products.
> > CMF (content mgmt. framework for Zope) and Plone (a CMS built on Zope,
> see
> > plone.org) both have workflow stuff that might cover some or all of
> this.
>
> Will look into it. We need edit tracking for objects though, not just
> text blobs.

Well, the text blobs will be some kind of object in both the above.

See also Silva, another CMS built on zope - they talk a lot about document
management but it's their tracking/workflow code that might be useful for
whatever we do.

http://www.infrae.nl/products/silva

> We may be able to borrow some code from squishdot like system if it
> seems worth the effort of incorporating.

Ah, so you found the squishdot product already...fifteen minutes to a
slashdot clone, not bad eh?