pchealth - [pchealth] Salads, raw

pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculturist Health

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: Permaculturist Health <pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pchealth] Salads, raw
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:36:27 -0500

I have become interested in the Eastern European variations on a traditional salad called in Romania "salata". I googled this and found a great recipe:

3/4 to 1 pound lacinato kale (also called Tuscan kale) or tender regular kale, stems and center ribs discarded

2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot

1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

4 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

2 ounces coarsely grated ricotta salata (1 cup)

(being allergic to dairy I would substitute tofu or/and
soy cheese (Soya Kass is the best but expensive, worth it)

  • [pchealth] Salads, raw, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 11/16/2009