pcdb - Re: [pcdb] freemind-wiki integration

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: Paul Cereghino <paul.cereghino@comcast.net>
  • To: pcdb <pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcdb] freemind-wiki integration
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:10:43 -0700

Lonnie Brown wrote:

Check out HyperPhysics:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html

very nice concept...
now if you could dynamically generate a simple mind map of an object/node and all immediately related object nodes as the top (or bottom) of a page used to summarize the attributes of an object. Furthermore attributes of the mind map could reflect attributes of the relationships between nodes... distance from root (with root being the current node) color, thickness of the line being the number of relationship linkages, or their 'certainty'... This would have the function of Alexanders final paragraph where he identifies patterns at a larger and smaller scale that relate to the pattern being considered.

I am still struggling with what things/concepts are objects and what things/concepts are attributes of objects, and what things/concepts are the landscape setting -- I think that this will resolve as we play out some real world user scenarios... Bob the soap maker (an icon in our family) wants to break into gardening to support his home natural soapmaking business. How does he approach the website, and how does it become useful to him, and ultimately how do we entrain his soapmaking ingredient knowledge.