pcdb - Re: [pcdb] story as organizing metaphor

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: Paul d'Aoust <paul@heliosville.com>
  • To: pcdb <pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcdb] story as organizing metaphor
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 13:01:15 -0700

On Mon, 2007-02-04 at 20:49 -0700, Paul Cereghino wrote:
> STORY AS ORGANIZING METAPHOR
> So can we or should we divide setting from character for the purposes of
> data structure? (I say yes).

If it's a sensible, logical division that helps us grasp a concept
better, then I say yes too. After all, this database does have to be
usable by regular ol' humans :-)

As for what is a character and what is a setting, I'll defer that issue
to others :-) I haven't been with this whole permaculture thing for long
enough.

Paul d'Aoust