osgaming - [OSG] Latest Events

osgaming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Open Source Gaming News and Discussion

  • From: "OSG Webmaster" <webmaster AT osgaming.net>
  • To: osgaming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [OSG] Latest Events
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 00:59:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hello OSG List,
It's been a long three months since I last posted anything to the Holy
mailing list, so I better fill it up with some information. First of all,
the site was broken into when that database incident happened, and I have
since removed phpNuke, and I'll probably never use it again to run any
site I operate.

I'm using XOOPS now, so the site looks significantly different, and
everything was lost in the transformation. Anyone who signed up for the
site before will have to do it again, but at least now when you sign up
you can blow time on the Java-based Frozen-Bubble. It even keeps track of
each player's high scores...

The summer has been a busy one, but I'll get my lazy butt in gear and
redesign the site theme so it doesn't look so bland and generic. I would
like to have this done by the end of July, so that way I can start
promoting it again. The hack really did some damage, and I really don't
enjoy redoing tedious work.

>From now on, I'll try and remember to copy and paste news articles into
the list so that way they'll be archived. The more participants who use
this place the better... just remember the rules (they're posted in the
list archive somewhere. :)

Until the next newspost,
Matthew/PrezKennedy
--
http://osgaming.net/ - Open Source Gaming

  • [OSG] Latest Events, OSG Webmaster, 07/05/2004