oscri - [Oscri] Anybody won a court dispute thanks to a registry?

oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Roland Alton-Scheidl" <ras AT osalliance.com>
  • To: oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Oscri] Anybody won a court dispute thanks to a registry?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:51:46 +0100

Hi,

who is aware of a court dispute, where the registration of a work helped
arguing for the right holder? Is there any such case, where the work was
Creative Commons licensed?

Registered Commons has not supported any court case so far. That's good for
the right holders, as the idea of our registry was always to foster
regardfulness and not to fund lawyers.

However, some people who plan to integrate a registry into their service
portfolio would like to see it shock-proofed. We were already thinking to
launch a test case at court, but this is a major effort and may take years.

Best,
Roland

--
Roland Alton-Scheidl, Member of the Board
www.osAlliance.com www.RegisteredCommons.org