oscri - Re: [Oscri] RFC: Proposed spec for describing registrations

oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Mario Pena <mpena AT safecreative.org>
  • To: oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Oscri] RFC: Proposed spec for describing registrations
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:46:34 +0200

Thanks a lot Nathan for the info. Will be checking it over the next days as soon as we get to finish the event we have May the 20th.

Best regards,

Mario

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
We've put together a spec that describes how we're describing work
registrations on the CC Network.  As discussed following the December
Technology Summit, we'd like feedback on this and hope others will
adopt it. Others adopting this approach get an immediate benefit --
integration and exposure on the CC license deeds.  It's probably worth
noting that this isn't an exact transcription of what we're currently
doing.  As we documented our approach we realized there were a few
redundancies and inconsistencies so we've tried to smooth those out.
When in doubt we've tried to err on the side of making it easy for
people to consume registration information.  The specification also
outlines how a client can query a registry for information about a
work.

You can find the current draft of the spec at
http://labs.creativecommons.org/~nathan/oscri/describing-registrations.html.

Comments, criticism and feedback is welcome and desired.  If there are
areas that are unclear, need additional explanation or background, I
hope you'll let us know.

Regards,

Nathan