oscri - [Oscri] Future steps

oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Javier Prenafeta" <jprenafeta AT safecreative.org>
  • To: oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Oscri] Future steps
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 14:48:37 +0100

Hi everyone,

We have seen that CC Tech Summits presentations have been uploaded to OSCRI's wiki. In our opinion, the ones related to OSCRI have to be there, but maybe the others could cause confussion and be considered a promotion of other initiatives and projects by its members (including, of course, the Safe Creative's ones). As OSCRI has to be a neutral platform for the devepment of standards, our idea is to limit the wiki to this and the accession of its members.

As we agreed with Mike's opinion on working with the minimal formalities, in parallel with the technical documents we are working on at Safe Creative, we can give OSCRI this minimal organization just to fulfill the requirement of independence. So our proposal is to have a basis agreement including how we discuss and approve the standards, intellectual property rights of the generated content, confidentiality and other legal stuff.

Please, give feedback on these points. I everyone agrees, we can prepare a draft of this agreement.

Regards (and Merry Christmas),

--
Javier Prenafeta
Legal Advisor