opwg - [OP] International Pineapple Symposium 10 was postponed until 2021

opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Organic Pineapple Working Group

  • From: Organic Pineapple Working Group <opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: Pine Work Group <PINE-WORK-GROUP AT LISTS.HAWAII.EDU>
  • Subject: [OP] International Pineapple Symposium 10 was postponed until 2021
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 14:47:57 -0400

Dear colleagues and friends:
I hope all are well and will remain so until COVID-19 has been controlled.

See at http://www.cedaf.org.do/eventos/xpineapple2020/ and below  the OFFICIAL STATEMENT postponing IPS 10 until 2021.

Organizing Committee - X International Pineapple Symposium

The Organizing Committee of the X International Pineapple Symposium has been monitoring the development of coronavirus outbreaks (COVID-19) at the local level in relation to the Congress to be held from July 22 to 26, 2020 at Uvero Alto, La Altagracia, Dominican Republic.
Taking into account the increase in confirmed cases in the last days in the country, and for the safety of all participants, we announce that the Organizing Committee has decided to postpone the X International Pineapple Symposium. The event has been rescheduled to take place YEAR 2021.
This decision took place after consensus between the members of the Organizing Committee, observing the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines and taking the sanitary measures by the Ministry of Public Health of the Dominican Republic. With these measures, we are making the right decision for not put on risk the health and safety of participants and all event staff.
We ask you, please, to modify the reservations of your air tickets according to the new date of the event, as well as reorganize your plans outside of Congress.
We accompany all those affected by coronavirus and hope that this epidemic ends as soon as possible.
We already thank you for your patience and understanding for making this decision. We do express our deepest apologies for the situation, unfortunately beyond our control.

Atentamente / Sincerely

Joelin Santos
Presidente del X Simposio Internacional de Piña ISHS
Presidente Asociación de Productores de Piña de Monte Plata
Asopropimopla

Janina Segura
Directora Ejecutiva
Centro para el Desarrollo Agropecuario y Forestal
Cedaf
With best regards,
Duane

--
Duane P. Bartholomew, Ph.D.
Agronomist emeritus

  • [OP] International Pineapple Symposium 10 was postponed until 2021, Organic Pineapple Working Group, 07/06/2020