opwg - Re: [OP] Organic Pineapples

opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Organic Pineapple Working Group

  • From: Organic Pineapple Working Group <opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: Kellen Haroldson <Kellen AT freshharvestorganics.com>
  • Cc: Organic Pineapple Working Group <opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org>, gtani AT hawaii.edu
  • Subject: Re: [OP] Organic Pineapples
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 11:42:20 -1000

Hello Kellen:

The only relatively large grower of organic pineapples I know of/have heard of, is Dole (http://www.doleorganic.com/); it's part of their Costa Rica operation but I think is a separate division. The "Contact us" link at the web site isn't working so if you can't find a Dole rep in Florida, I suggest you contact Ronald Gonzalez <Ronald.Gonzalez AT dole.com>. I visited the Dole organic fields and composting area in 2012 and it looked like a very competent operation.

I am copying to the Organic Pineapple Working Group in case there might be growers in that group with the size needed to meet your requirements. I don't have regular contact with that Group but assume the moderator will reply directly or distribute your request to the OPWG members and ask them to contact you if there is the interest/capability to supply your company with fruits.

Best regards,
Duane Bartholomew