opwg - [OP] Fwd: Stem Splitting

opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Organic Pineapple Working Group

  • From: Organic Pineapple Working Group <opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: Organic Pineapple Working Group <opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OP] Fwd: Stem Splitting
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 13:36:06 -0600

My eminent friend Duane  Bartholomew asked for responses to the issue presented below but didn't post it to the OPWG list.

I am forwarding his compilation of the responses in order to determine whether the incidence of stem splitting is equally, less or more common in pineapple under organic production and determine whether the experience of opwg members confirms that of those presented below, regarding the medial measures mentioned.

Also, additional relevant topics can be discussed, as well.

Here in Mexico pineapple season is at a low ebb at present.

Douglas Hinds

OPWG List-owner & Moderator