opwg - [OP] Fwd: RE: Pineapple Working Group

opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Organic Pineapple Working Group

  • From: Organic Pineapple Working Group <opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: Henk.Zoutewelle AT eosta.com
  • Cc: Rob Moss <robmoss AT bioteq-ouest.com>, "Sanewski, Garth" <Garth.Sanewski AT daff.qld.gov.au>, opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org, Ronald.Gonzalez AT dole.com, Akali Semi <akali_chishi AT yahoo.co.in>, Dave Murray <info AT pga.org.za>
  • Subject: [OP] Fwd: RE: Pineapple Working Group
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 12:17:00 -1000

Dear Mr. Zoutewelle:

There is an Organic Pineapple Working Group that is part of the Pineapple Working Group. However, I haven't seen much activity within the group in the past year. I am copying to their listserve and, if the address is still current, you can contact those who subscribe to the group directly through the listserve.

There is some production of organic pineapple in Ghana and Rob Moss is the person I have regular contact with who has told me about organic production in that country.

Dole also produces organic pineapples in Costa Rica. I am copying to a Dole contact there.

Dave Murray, a researcher at the Bathurst Research Station, Bathurst, South Africa, is the person who has done the most research on organic pineapple production practices in South Africa. If there is organic pineapple production there, I expect he will be able to provide contacts there.

There also is organic pineapple production in Nagaland, India. I am copying to Dr. Akali Semi, senior author of the paper "Pineapple Cultivation In North East India – A Prospective Venture; Acta Hort. 902:69-78", which described pineapple production in the area, of which >90% was reported to be organic.

Regards,
Duane Bartholomew