opwg - Re: [OP] OPWG Notice

opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Organic Pineapple Working Group

  • From: Organic Pineapple Working Group <opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: "'Organic Pineapple Working Group'" <opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OP] OPWG Notice
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:23:13 -0700

Good day,

I have an organic cacao and banana farm in Nicaragua. Prior to this I farmed
organic produce and fruit in northwestern USA.

My interest in this group is mainly to gain more knowledge in the culture of

the pineapple. My long term aim is to find various crops that will grow well
in our area and to show by example what can be done with organic techniques.
I hope I may provide some input of value, my education has been more hands
on than formal academia, so I generally review the temperature prior to
jumping in, I tend to lurk and review archives until I am comfortable with
the technical level of the group.

I was sad to see what agricultural chemicals were for sale and being used in
rural Nicaragua. I would like to show a better method to my neighbors and
friends there.

Thanks for having me, and I have no problem with sharing the information I
have provided.

Douglas Weems
Matagalpa, Nicaragua