ohp - Re: [OA-monographs] OHP/PKP call for library participants

ohp AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Open access monographs

  • From: Sigi Jöttkandt <sigij AT openhumanitiespress.org>
  • To: Sigi Jöttkandt <sigij AT openhumanitiespress.org>
  • Cc: "ohp AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ohp AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OA-monographs] OHP/PKP call for library participants
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:28:17 +0200

I meant to include the address of the ETC-Press:

http://www.etc.cmu.edu/etcpress/?q=node/153

Drew, if you get a moment, I'm sure everyone would love to hear in more detail about how you have set things up at ETC, what kinds of editorial and production infrastructure, etc. And, of course, the eternal question that is always asked, the press's plans (if any) for long-term "sustainability"?

Very best,
Sigi

Sigi Jöttkandt wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm enclosing a draft of a call for library participants in a joint OHP/PKP OA monograph publishing grant. I'd be very glad of your comments before we send it out more widely. (I'd also be grateful for suggestions for people and places we might send it to, especially internationally.)

I'll also take this moment do another quick round of introductions since we've added a few more people onto the list in the meantime: warm welcome to Janet Carter, one of Marta's colleagues at UCLA, Jim Galbraith, Head of Collection Development at UCI library, and Drew Davidson, Director of a new OA monograph press from the Carnegie Mellon Entertainment Technology Center (ETC-press) that recently launched in BETA. It's fantastic to have the opportunity to get your input.

All best,
Sigi