ocba - Re: [ocba] Outreach Opportunity

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Chris Apple <chrisapple1231 AT gmail.com>
  • To: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>, "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Outreach Opportunity
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:54:52 -0400

John asked a few questions about this outreach, so I thought I would share the answers with the listserv as well.

 As I understand it, the purpose of the Idea Fest is to engage these kids in thinking about things they might do as they mature.. . . giving them ideas for careers or hobbies and to introduce them to things that we,as adults, get excited about. There are actually only 4 half hour sessions in each block as set up and break down time is included in the time allotment. I am not sure where the 4th and 5th graders go to school but it will all occur in a gym or something as there will be many booths set up.