ocba - [ocba] News you can use

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] News you can use
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2017 15:02:29 -0400

A couple of items of interest:

Speaker
Next Thursday, April 13th, we will be joined by Dr. Esmaeil Amiri. Dr. Amiri is a post-doctoral fellow in Dr. Olav Rueppell’s lab at UNC-Greensboro. He will discuss his research  on queen bee health focusing on the transmission of viruses from workers and drones to queens and the resultant effect on the health of the colony including subsequent generations of queens.

Pre-meeting Dinner Cancelled
Our usual pre-meeting dinner at Radius Pizzeria will not be held this month. Radius is closed for renovations. We hope to resume these dinners in May.

OCBA Field Day
Pictures from OCBA’s March 25th Field Day have been posted on OCBA’s website. Take a look.

OCBA Hive Sale - SOLDOUT!
Today we sold the last of the starter hives that were donated to OCBA last December  Of the 45 hives that were donated 26 hives (~60%) were donated by OCBA to activities promoting education and community beekeeping. This includes 6 placed at schools, 3 donated to the newly formed Carolina Bee Club at UNC-Chapel Hill, 1 donated to the HOPE Community Garden and 16 dedicated for use by OCBA’s 2017 and 2018 student apprentices. The remaining 19 hives were sold to OCBA members.

  • [ocba] News you can use, John Rintoul, 04/06/2017