ocba - [ocba] Ants - update

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Robert King <robk2.mindspring.com AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Ants - update
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 11:10:46 -0400

I posted a question in a public forum about controlling ants and got several
answers back. I have heard that you can control them with cinnamon. In
person commented back to combine the cinnamon with Vaseline in a sandwich
baggies and pipe it onto the legs of you stands. This sounds like a great
way. I think I'll give it a try. I'm hoping it works on carpenter ants.
I'll report back and let you all know. Also, does anyone use this method and
is it effective?