ocba - [ocba] Big Boys have arrived

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Big Boys have arrived
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 19:31:33 -0500

Went into our big hive here today and found drones and a ton of bees.

JPEG image

Only 2 mites on the drop board after 4 days on. So thats great news!!

Oh and the girls reminded me about "bee space"!! 😳😂😉

JPEG image

So not only are 17 of the 20 frames full we not can see for sure an early
nectar flow is on in orange county! All of that was put there in 4 days &
filled with nectar.

Mommas been busy and the girls are making a rainbow of happiness in the hive.

JPEG image

Happy Keeping! The drones are here & the swarm season should bee around the
corner

Marty

  • [ocba] Big Boys have arrived, Marty Hanks, 02/12/2017