ocba - [ocba] News you can use

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] News you can use
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:13:14 -0500

OCBA’s Executive Committee met on January 8. OCBA is considering the possibility of establishing a vendor presence at the Hillsborough Farmers Market as an ‘enterprise vendor.’ This status would allow OCBA members to sell their own honey at the market. One or more members could sell each week and do a little community beekeeping education on the side. The Exec Committee is interested in feedback from members. Is this a club benefit that you would take advantage of? Would you sell your honey at the market? You would have to be present to do so. Send me email at beecd AT icloud.com to let me know if you would be interested.

And while we are on the subject of OCBA benefits remember that OCBA rents its honey extractor to members for $5 per day. This is a tremendous benefit for OCBA members. To take advantage of this benefit in 2017, you must be a member by March 31, 2017. Renew your membership now so that you can rent the extractor to harvest this summer’s honey.

Finally, we are still looking for graphic design talent to create a new bee shirt design for OCBA. If someone in our club has such talent, or would like to spearhead a committee to find appropriate downloadable graphics to help us develop a new shirt and get it printed that would be wonderful. We’ll comp you a shirt for your effort.

-John

John Rintoul
(919) 414-4071 (M)

No trees or bees were killed in the distribution of this message, but countless electrons were seriously inconvenienced.