ocba - [ocba] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Bee Lab Survey

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Bee Lab Survey
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:56:28 -0400

______

Walter

You never can tell with bees. ~ Winnie-the-Pooh

Begin forwarded message:

From: Todd Walker via Chapters <chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org>
Date: September 8, 2016 at 7:53:09 PM EDT
To: chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org
Subject: [NCSBA-Chapters] Bee Lab Survey

Hello Beekeepers,

I hope everyone loves the new format for the Bee Buzz; it certainly represents our association very well! There is new energy and thought at work and the content of the NCSBA’s official magazine makes our publication an interesting read.  I am calling your attention to the information in the President’s message and also the article on page eight by Leigh-Katherine Bonner which outlines the situation that the honey bee lab at NC State finds itself in and the need for action by folks who care about bees and honey bee research; hopefully there is a significant number of NCSBA members that do. There is a bee lab survey on the NCSBA website that I hope you will take time to complete; it takes about two minutes. This may be the first time that you have heard of the NCBSA’s proposed honey be lab to be constructed at Lake Wheeler because the project is in the early stages. There is also a need for ongoing support for honey bee research at NCSU. Our Association has a real opportunity to help make North Carolina a leader in apiculture science. Please visit http://www.ncbeekeepers.org/bee-lab-survey and let us know how you feel about this and whether or not or how you would be willing to help. Please ask members in your club to complete the survey also,

Thanks,
Rick Coor, President