ocba - [ocba] Invasive Plants

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Wilson" <infomet AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: "OCBA" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Invasive Plants
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 14:44:21 -0400

I’ve become aware that parrot feather is being used in decorative ponds of OCBA members.
Please consider the following:

Are you aware that parrot feather is a vicious, exotic, invasive plant and a
scourge to all feshwater bodies in our state?
I fight it in my pond all the time!
I respectfully suggest that instead of cultivating it you dry and burn it,
or compost it thoroughly for garden use.
It has NO business getting loose into our environment!
Wilson Lamb