ocba - Re: [ocba] Oxalic acid treatment and supering

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • To: Daniel Kenan <dan.kenan AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: ocba <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Oxalic acid treatment and supering
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 16:08:56 -0400

Treating with OA will not effect Varroa in the capped brood. I would recommend Mite Away Quick Strips. It's a 7 day treatment, so it would be completed before the expected start of the flow. It's also approved for use with supers on the hive. I don't think I'd want to take the chance on what the honey might taste like though. I'd wait to install supers after the treatment is complete.

______

Walter

You never can tell with bees. ~ Winnie-the-Pooh