ocba - [ocba] Let the bees guide you.

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: OCBA Listserv <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Let the bees guide you.
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 20:14:53 -0500

Here are a few pics from todays inspection at one of my Carrboro locations.

At other area yards i've had drones since January...meaning momma started
laying before xmas. 😳😕

I had a very small weak carrboro hive that grew to fast & almost starved then
a mile away this beast. All hives are chemical free...like all my hives.
Global Warming is wreaking havoc on our girls...weird & early food patterns &
early out of season build up.

JPEG image

This hive had 12 frames of brood, 2 were drones! One of our main goals is to
promote proper bee space. Its why we keep "drone frames" in our hives. To
give room for that 10-15% drone count. Hardly any burr comb at all o deal
with.

JPEG image

Now this hive has some extra space with 2 empty frames that i hope will deter
swarming and the others got a neighborly boost.

JPEG image

All is calm & happy...for now.

Hope your bees are well.

Cheers
Marty Hanks
just bee apiary
"where the bees thrive...so shall we"

https://m.facebook.com/Just-Bee-Apiary-325542800863610/?ref=bookmarks

  • [ocba] Let the bees guide you., Marty Hanks, 03/09/2016